DMC Meeting Room
Installation of TheQuietRoom.ca acoustic panels
- This is a typical small office that was experiencing annoying echo
- Our quote and assessment proposed a reduction in reverb of approximately 45%
- The installation would only take a few hours.
- Our proprietary acoustic ceiling installation system allows us to perform final alignment once the panels are installed.
- The Reverb in the room was 1.5 seconds due to the hard, reflective surfaces.
- Ceiling and walls were drywall, one wall was glass
- Our objective was to reduce the reverb in the office by approximately 50%
Dimensions of Room
- Length of Room 17 feet
- Width of Room 14 feet
- Height of Room 10 feet
- Volume of Room in cubic feet 2,380 cubic feet
The concerns of the client
The client mentioned that meetings were difficult to hold due to echo in the room. Clients had a hard time understanding them on conference calls.
- The client picked a fabric for the panels that helped the acoustic panels blend into the walls and ceiling
- We were able to work during business hours with minimal disruption to the surrounding offices.
- The panels we manufactured and installed were 1" thick, wrapped in acoustically transparent fabric.
- Our acoustic panels have been tested and certified at the Riverbank Acoustic Laboratory have an NRC rating of .80
- Our panels also have a fire rating of Class A
Post Installation Analysis
We (TheQuietRoom.ca) reduced the reverb by 65% from 1.5 seconds to .66 second.
The echo was gone and the client was more than happy!