Jones and Bailey
Installation of TheQuietRoom.ca acoustic panels on the walls of Jones and Bailey on Carlaw in Toronto
- We visited the Jones and Bailey to measure and assess the echo and reverb in the space
- We provided a formal quote that offered a reduction in reverb of approximately 45%
- The job took about 8 hours to compete and we utilized a scissor lift with safety harnesses to complete the job
- The client wanted acoustic panels to have printed images on a few of them, which we provided also.
- Our proprietary ceiling installation fixtures allows us to install the panels perfectly aligned.
- The Reverb in the room was 3 seconds due to the hard, reflective surfaces.
- Ceiling and walls and floor were all concrete
- Our objective was to reduce the reverb in the office by approximately 50%
Dimensions of Room
- Length of Room 28 feet
- Width of Room 22 feet
- Height of Room 17 feet
- Volume of Room in cubic feet 10,472 cubic feet
The concerns of the client
The client wanted an acoustic solution that reflected the feel of their office and business. Panels that had images that reflected their work ethic.
- We helped the client pick the "Men at work" image. And split the image across three acoustic panels
- We also installed additional acoustic panels that matched the colour of the painted walls quite well.
- Drilling into the concrete was done after hours to avoid office work disruptions.
- We hired a scissor lift to allow us to install the panels on the ceilings and walls with ease. ( All of our employees have "At Heights" certifications)
- The panels we manufactured and installed were 1" thick, wrapped in acoustically transparent fabric, and acoustic printed fabric.
- Our acoustic panels have been tested and certified at the Riverbank Acoustic Laboratory have an NRC rating of .80
- Our panels also have a fire rating of Class A
Post Installation Analysis
We (TheQuietRoom.ca) reduced the reverb by 65% from 3 seconds to 1 second.
The client was very happy with the acoustic results and loved the effect of the prints on the acoustic panels too!